Sutton Secur is a legal coverage program that protects you in case of a dispute or issue related to the purchase or sale of a residential property. One Sutton Secur certificate covers you for up to $3,000 in legal fees should an issue or dispute arise. Your Sutton Secur certificate is valid for life for the vendor and buyer (or, in the case of a buyer, for as long as they continue to own the property covered by the certificate). Once a request for legal assistance is made, an attorney is assigned to you immediately, and a legal strategy is put in place to bring the situation to resolution as effectively and affordably as possible.
WHAT THE SUTTON SECUR PROGRAM COVERS
Sutton Secur covers you, whether buyer or vendor, for issues such as:
• Hidden defects (infestation, cracked foundation, leaky roof, plumbing problem, mould, heating or cooling problem, electrical or wiring problem, suicide or violent death, criminal activity or links to organized crime)
• Landlord and tenant matters
• Problems relating to access to or limits of your property
• Passation of title
• Contractual issues
• Refusal by contracting party • Financing related to the property
• Environmental issues
• Issues related to servitude
• Recourse in warranty by one party against another.